E39 530i my 2003 with ASC... is it possible to upgrade to DSC?

Hi!

Are there any retrofitting kits to upgrade a ASC to a DSC system? or tons of stuff will need to be replaces, resulting in plenty of bucks expense?

thank you very much!

Reply to
NiCkO

I'm only guessing but I'd say it was a total non-starter. Probably cheaper to change car.

Reply to
TonyK

I didn't even realize BMW still used ASC vice DSC in some markets(at least on the 5 series). Given the cost of BMW retrofits, it would probably be less expensive to sell the car and buy one so equipped.

R / John

Reply to
John Carrier

The DSC can actually apply individual brake itself to individual wheels to maintain overall stability. This is not something ASC does so I would imagine the answer is, "forget it". It isn't just the management unit.

Reply to
DCA

DCA ha scritto:

thank you very much :(