E39 530i Service Intervals - Maximum safe interval?

Jeff Strickland ( snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

I've got one with a 1500 mile engine oil change interval.

Reply to
Adrian

That doesn't seem to account for the real need to change the oil more often if you make a lot of short trips.

Reply to
Fred W

"Fred W" wrote

Well, it kind of does, because short trips = cold engine = higher fuel consumption. And aside from the mileage, there is also the time factor. Doesn't the manual say you should change the oil once a year, regardless of miles?

Pete

Reply to
Pete

My old Supra used to change it's own every 1000 miles or so...

Reply to
PC Paul