E39 540i wheel berring replacement

I've done the pads, struts, tie rod ends, and links now that my 540i has 125,000 miles. I get intermittent "chatter" on the front brakes at first
application. It could be the rotors, last done 50,000 miles ago, but I'm worried about the front wheel berrings. There is no noise from them, but is there any other way to determine if they are going?
How much of a job is their replacement for a medium skill mechanic?
thanks all,
RAZ
RAZ wrote:

Wheel bearings make a rumbling noise, the frequency (tone) of which is directly related to only roadspeed. It gets worse when you turn in the direction opposite to the corner the bad bearing is on, and lessens (often actually goes away) when you turn toward the bad side.
I have never heard of a wheel bearing causing braking related noises. My guess is that the new pads are making noise when the first contact the worn rotors...

Wheel bearing? more difficult but probably unneeded. Brake rotors - pretty easy. It's a common job for the weekend hack mechanic to tackle. Don't forget to change the pads again so the new rotors don't get mucked up.
--
-Fred W