E39 A/C - R.I.P.?

Hello. Can anyone help me? The Air conditioning module in my e39 stopped working. I´ve tried pressing the auto button, AC Button, every button! The lights and display are all ok, but even in the maximum "power", i still get no air out of the system. Any hints? Thanks in advanced

Reply to
Touring

It could be a dead compressor, low refrigerant, etc. You need to take the car the shop. Jim

Reply to
Jim

Check your fuses first. In all likelihood you'll be going to the shop anyway, because if there's a fault that caused a fuse to blow, it's probably going to be there to blow the replacement fuse as well. But checking fuses first could help troubleshooting.

R / John

Reply to
John Carrier

If the fans aren't running, likely the final stage resistor, an all too common problem. If you get cold air at speed on the fresh air setting this would confirm it.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

What does the ambient temp read in your instrument cluster?

No air flow? Have you checked the microfilters?

Brett Anderson KMS

Reply to
KMS - Brett Anderson