E39 Airbag

1997 528 iAT (German import)
My passenger airbag show an error that I am unable to reset. Do I have to replace the airbag $$$$, or is there something else I could try.
Diagnostic readout for unit airbag is as follows: Version: Dual-Airbag/Driver-Airbag Part No.: 8 374 99 Hardware No.: 2 Software No.: 33 Diagnostic Index: 6 Release date: 15/97 Supplier: 24 Code Index: 6 Status: Fault 5 Ignition circuit passenger airbag is defective.
I got a dual comport cable with some dodgy s/w from Germany. Could it be that this software is to old and unable to reset the errors properly. However, it did manage to reset the error I had on the driver airbag. Any suggestions?
-- Johan
possibly a seat bet swiotch or occupancy seat sensor