E39 Clock. No display?

Just got an E39 528, 1998. All lovely apart from quite a few dead pixels on the OBC2 and... The clock. Where is it?! Forgive my ignorance but I thought it was on the radio display but mine
dosent show at all. Have tried all sorts of button pressing techniques but cant get it to come up at all.
The OBC2 dosent seem to want to function on a couple of options either, wont allow re-setting of mpg etc.
Any ideas would be gratefully received. Cheers.

I don't know if there's the option to blank the display, but on mine pressing the clock symbol brings the display on even with the ignition off.

Think there are different types of OBC - mine toggles through temperture, average speed, mpg, distance before running out of fuel, and blank. The only two which you can re-set are the MPG and average speed. You just select it then hold in the button until it goes to zero. If they don't work correctly I wonder if it's the backup battery?

--
*There's no place like www.home.com *

Dave, thanks. Mine of imformation as usual! Sounds like it could be something fundamental like the backup battery as you say. Now, how do I find that...?
You sound like you have the OBC2, the same as mine. I have heard that whipping the console out and cleaning up the connectors can help bring back the pixels to life but am not convinced the problems aren't unconnected.
Any ideas if it something daft like fuse related?
Cheers. Saul.
London SW