e39 dash got 'leather treatment' on it, how to clean it up??

hello, I took my car to car wash and some genius put leather treatment on the dashboard. Now it's oily, sticky and shiny!! it's not too shiny but you can feel the oily residue.
how can I clean it up so it looks/feels like it did when it was clean?
Also, what is best way to care for this dash? It's very unusual compared to other cars I've had.
Thanks,
Oskar

I try to wipe it with a cloth damp with lightly soapy water.

303 Aeorospace Protectant. Good for all the vinyl parts.
Pete

Thank you Pete!!
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Unfortunately - Pete is wrong.
The dash isn't vinyl. It's recycled rubber (yes it is!).. as you noticed it's quite a bit different than dashes on most cars.
All it needs is to be kept clean. It will never crack. It will never split.
Since you have goop on it now - I'd suggest washing it with a mixture of water and SimpleGreen, followed by water to rinse it off. Get the crap off. The dash is very slightly porous, and you want to get the crap out of the pores.
Soap=water=clean. Then leave it alone.
"admin" wrote

If not protected against UV, rubber will dry rot and crack just the same. That's why the 303 is a good thing to use, IMO. It's good on rubber surfaces as well.
http://www.303products.com/tech/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_IDB8
Pete