e39 driver's door noise

Dear BMW experts, I'm getting an unusual, almost creaky noise from around the driver's door on my 2003 530. It's as though the door is not tightly anchored to
the frame of the car. The noise occurs when the frame flexes such as when I go over a bump or when I come to a complete stop. It's more pronounced when somebody is sitting in the back seat behind the driver. I've held my hand against the front door panel and the window and the noise still happens. Raising and lowering the windows doesn't seem to help either. It's not very loud, but it's annoying.
Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Ambrose

You're sure its not coming from the seat back or base? Very common. If there's door noise, it can be the weather seals. Try treating them with a quality rubber product (I use Griots) and see if that stops the noise.
R / John
John Carrier ha scritto:

Have the "hook" where door lock's engages checked. Also, have the hinges of the door checked. sometimes they need a sort of trimming :)
--
Nicolo' "NiCkO" [24y,231hp,VE]
530iA E39 my2003

BMW has revised seals for the doors - actually - they've been through three generations of them. The latest are totally silent and don't tear as some earlier ones did. The seals have a flock (fuzzy) coating that allows the rubber to move on the metal without the groaning noises.
Silicone lubricants will help - but require repeated application.
Just looking at the seals, I think the rubber seals on the door match up with rubber seals on the car body. That is, unless I'm mistaken, there doesn't seem to be a place where rubber mates up with metal.
Ambrose