E39 final stage 'resistor'

Just fitted the fifth one on my 528 - but this time got a pattern one off Ebay for a third of the BMW price. Doesn't look as good, but has a year's warranty. No genuine one has done 3 years up to now, so might be a bit of
a bargain. ;-)
--
*Two many clicks spoil the browse *

The one I fitted about 2 years ago was a pattern one from GSF. About half the price of a genuine one IIRC. Still working well, so if your experience is anything to go by, it seems they are better value. The only obvious difference I noticed was in the cooling 'rods'. On the OE one it replaced they were tapered, whereas on the pattern one they were parallel. Mike.