E39 headlight cleaning

Hi all,
The headlights on my late 2001 530i Sport are not quite as bright as you'd expect from Xenons - especially not when compared to the other E39 we have,
a 2002 530d.
I suspect this is becuase 140k miles has taken its toll on the condition of the lenses - you can see the shotblasted effect if you look carefully when the lights are on.
Any tips for cleaning this and restoring them to decent condition or is it a case of replacing both front light units?

No advice, but remember, Xenons get dimmer over time. May just be normal degredation.

Be interested if you find anything out. Mine similarly look to have taken a hammering and you can actually see the light being reflected back into the housing (just normal headlights these). I can hardly see anything on a dark road. I read something about not using polish but I'm inclined to try a bit of glass polish on the side to see what happens. Are they made of glass or is it something softer?
On Sun, 7 Jan 2007 19:00:46 -0000, "Michael Rodgers"

or around $50 each and easy to replace
Sir Hugh of Bognor