E39 headlights and seat noise

I have a 99 528i and the headlight on the driver's side is pointing down very low. Also it seems to giggle or bounce as though it were loose when I hit a bump. Is something broken or just out of adjustment? I don't want to go back to the dealer because it is just too expensive.

Also, I have a problem with the dirver's seat. It is a power seat that is heated. When I am driving it make a popping noise when I change directions as though something is sliding back and forth. It feels/sounds like this is happening in the back of the seat. Any thoughts? Anyone know how to get the back off of the seat so I can see what is popping? The dealer says it is the frame and it will cost $1,200. I'm looking for a cheaper answer.

Reply to
nichdl1

Probably a broken adjustment fitting. May need to replace more than the fitting.

There's a lot of thinks that cause seat noises in the E39. Try a google on E39 seats and try

to start.

R / John

Reply to
John Carrier

Are the headlights Xenons? If so, the adjusters literally disintegrate. If you google, you'll find the repair instructions. I did it on my 99. Took about an hour and the parts were under $50. The dealer wants to replace the entire assembly for $2000 even though they carry the parts!

Reply to
Tom Scales