E39 Ipod/Aux Integration (DICE) question

I bought the DICE Aux/IPOD kit - it most probably know this connects to the cd changer cables and give you Ipod controls/charging and an auxillary port. I may get an Ipod one day, but I wanted an Aux for my Sirius plug and play radio.

Two questions/issues:

1.) I installed the kit and had an altenator whine. I read all about ground loops and determined I probably had one. Based on some feedback from the vendor of the DICE kit, I stopped pulling power (and ground) from the cigar lighter and pull it off the DICE harness (same power, should eliminate any ground loops). But I still have an altenator whine (Changes freq with RPMs). Any tips other than install ground loop isolator or power filter?

2,) I want the Sirius to be powered on/off with the key... The vendor thought one of the wires from the CD Changer was an accessory signal from the radio. He suggested an easy relay circuit to control power to the sirius radio. When I checked the wires, nothing was like a standard accessory line (12V when ignition on, nothing when key off). I have the Bentleys, but but the wiring diagram is confusing - I figured out that Red/Green in +12 (fuse 56), brown in ground... Is there an accessory wire? Does the Ibus tell the other component when to turn on or off? I could always tap off an igntion controlled circuit, but would be nice to just use the wires from the DICE harness if possible.

thanks, Mike

Reply to
BMW Guy