E39 - Is there a brake pad warning sensor at the rear discs?

Hi all!

Is there a brake pad warning sensor on the rear discs of an E39, like the one at the front, to tell us when the rear brake pads need changing?

Thanks,

vricard

99 E39
Reply to
vricardo

Yep. It's in the opposite corner to the front one (Left front and right rear as I recall). But being an anal retentive who checks his own pads every time I switch from winter to summer wheels and back I have never yet actually got down to the wear out one of the sensors... ;-)

Reply to
Fred W

Yes there is one on the right (passanger) side and if you change your pad before it goes trough the sensor you can re-install the sensor on the new set. If the light in the instrument cluster is already on, to reset it (after having change the pad and sensor) turn the ignition key to position 2 without starting the engine and wait about a minute. the light should go out.

"vricardo" a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@localhost.talkaboutautos.com...

Reply to
syl.

Yes. The Rear Sensor is on the diagonal tire from the front one.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

I tried that when I recently changed the pads on my E30, but when I tried to get the old one out, it cracked in half. Is there any particular trick to getting them out other than carefully tapping them out with a drift and hammer?

Ed

Reply to
Ed Beroset