E39 Key Remote Functions

I'm having a problem with my key remotes on an E-39 535ti.
One key fails to open the doors at all. One key opens the doors ok, but does not activate any of the
adjustments.
For a few days last week, both keys started working properly again. Now they are back to the problem as descirbed above.
Far as I know, these keys recharge while in the ignition, so it's not batteries, correct?
If they are charged, what else could it be. Is there an antenna issue where the signal is not being perceived?
Thanks to anyone who would be so kind as to point me in the right direction for solving this problem.
<reverse> wrote in message > I'm having a problem with my key remotes on an E-39 535ti.

Sounds like the batteries are getting low.
Have the keys been dropped in water?
PS You have set a silly follow up, so replies will misroute (from MSOE6 anyway)