E39 Lights

Can anyone offer a view on whether the headlights on a 1998 E39 (UK) would be significantly improved by fitting the later angel eyes design (post 2001)? I have replaced the bulbs with the 30% brighter type but
still not great. Do the plastic lens covers beocme more opaque with age?
Thanks
Ian

Big improvment with mine. However, this might have been down to the aging original bulbs.
--
*When you've seen one shopping centre you've seen a mall.*

The real solution is to replace the whole assembly with the later HID kit ... but it's very expensive. Great low beams and of course, the angel eyes look cool.
R / John
John Carrier wrote:

I got a significant improvement on my 1997 528 by diassembling the headlight assembly and just cleaning the lense with window cleanar. It made a big difference.
The euro (E code) ellipsoid reflectors and lenses offer a significantly tighter beam pattern than original US spec. I converted to E code halogens in my '99 528iT and the effect was dramatic; much improvement. Lorne '99 528iT Dinan S1