E39 Lights

Can anyone offer a view on whether the headlights on a 1998 E39 (UK) would be significantly improved by fitting the later angel eyes design (post 2001)? I have replaced the bulbs with the 30% brighter type but still not great. Do the plastic lens covers beocme more opaque with age?

Thanks

Ian

Reply to
Sparky

Big improvment with mine. However, this might have been down to the aging original bulbs.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

The real solution is to replace the whole assembly with the later HID kit ... but it's very expensive. Great low beams and of course, the angel eyes look cool.

R / John

Reply to
John Carrier

I got a significant improvement on my 1997 528 by diassembling the headlight assembly and just cleaning the lense with window cleanar. It made a big difference.

Reply to
Thomas Wright

Reply to
Lorne