E39 rear door vapor barrier failure

My e39 is booked in to the dealer for the fourth time in 18 months for the rear door vapor barrier to be fixed. The dealer acknowledges that it's a "design flaw" in the car, and I've never been charged to have
it fixed even though the car's now out of warranty. I know it's the subject of a TSB, but I'm now getting really pissed off with periodic soggy carpets and a damp, smelly car.
I'm just curious about whether there's some more serious or longer term fix for this. A "secret" warranty, or something like that?
--
Dan.

On Tue, 25 Apr 2006 18:39:12 -0400, Dean Dark

The vapor barrier was fixed again by the dealer, at no cost. They mentioned that the one that had failed, only fitted in the last year or so, was a "redesigned" one and it caused them some surprise that it had failed.
It was news to me that there is a redesigned vapor barrier; the dealer was trying to dismiss its failure as an installation error.
What do I care? I just want the car to stop smelling like a wet dog when it rains.
--
Dan.

Is this failure in all years of e39? or just certain ones?

On Sun, 30 Apr 2006 07:25:27 -0500, "Branden Nelsen"
It's the subject of a TSB up to the 2001 model year, as far as I can see.
--
Dan.

TSB? Trustees Savings Bank?
Jo Ling said

http://www.acronymfinder.com/af-query.asp?String=exact&Acronym=tsb
Technical Service Bulletin

Ah. D'oh.
And what implications do these TSBs have?
Dean Dark wrote:

Actually covers later years also. Had it replaced on my '03 touring, haven't had a problem since.