E46 2001 325 coupe auto

Do the auto boxes on the 325ci (and indeed all BMW's) have the steptronic function as standard or is Steptronic an option?
I'm looking at one but haven't had the chance to get to the dealer yet. It's
on the website as having an auto box but don't fancy the traditional auto. If it lets me choose when to change gear I'd be happy.

Think you'll find modern BMW autos - or at least the ZF as fitted in Europe - so good that Steptronic is a five minute wonder. Can't remember the last time I used mine.
--
*Stable Relationships Are For Horses.

steptronic standard on all automatics since 2001 around here.
snipped-for-privacy@canada.com
London SW

Think GM produced a Steptronic 4 speeder fitted to some US BMWs.
--
*I love cats...they taste just like chicken.