E46 2001, Funny ticking noise when i start my car?!

Hi All,
When i start my car it makes a ticking noise which seems to be coming from the engine. It only lasts for about 5 - 10 seconds. then it stops!
I have 1500 miles left, so still a while untill my service. Can anyone shed some light?
thanks H

Hydraulic tappets filling up with oil. Fairly normal, particularly as the mileage mounts. Fairly harmless if you don't rev it up until it stops (ideally until the engine is warm).
Brilliant, thats good news...or better then what i though it might be! it didnt used to do that brfore, but i guess its winter now as well so that might have an effect.
great, so i wont need to get it serviced straight away, i can wait till i doo more mileage.
Thanks! H
wrote:
message

The serpentine belt can make a ticking noise ...