E46 330ci spark plug advice

Hi there
I need to buy some spark plugs for my 2001 E46 330ci M54 for the next service.
I don't fancy paying BMW prices, so a number of questions:
Who makes the plugs for BMW for this model? Are the NGK (BKR6EQUP) and Bosch (FR78X) plugs comparable in terms of life?
TIA
Nick
Pashlipops wrote:

then there shouldn't be any questions as to them working for you. After all, BMW does NOT make spark plugs, it just sources them from a vendor, i.e., NGK or Bosch to its specifications.

Want a laugh? The BMW dealer just today quoted me $280 for new spark plugs fitted to an e39 M5. That's *just* for fitting new spark plugs.
Oh, and he also told me it's $200 for a new fuel filter.
Jeez, Service II is bad enough without this...
--
Dan.

Dean Dark wrote:

enough, find a good indy near you or learn to do it yourself!
To find a good indy, check out:
http://www.bimrs.net/IAIMemberShops.asp
<dealer prices for spark plugs and fuel filter>

those prices while it's in for service II, and I thought that people might get a laugh from it.
--
Dan.

even service II is a ripoff!
What are they charging for that?
E46 in Canada was $700-800

Service II. $400.95 labor plus $168.50 parts. $569.45. Plus sales tax. Thank you very much, sir.
--
Dan.