E46 Air Con

1999 UK E46. (328Ci) Lately the Air Con has started taking much longer to cool down. Now it just blows normal temp air even on coldest setting. Also there is a
different noise coming from the centre air vents, like a hissing noise mixed in with the normal air flow sound. Could anyone please give me some advice as to what the problem could be ? Thanks in advance, Mal Vicars.
Mal,
I had the same problem with my 99 E46 - it turned out that the system needed recharging. I suggest that you get a qualified guy to recharge as the amount of coolant is critical.
Regards, Laurie.
----------------- www.Newsgroup-Binaries.com - *Completion*Retention*Speed* Access your favorite newsgroups from home or on the road -----------------
Laurie Bridges wrote:

Oh no Laurie. The internet sages on this newsgroup all charge their own with the gear they pick up a WalMart. No qualifications necessary, apparently... ;-)
--
-Fred W

Fred W wrote:

Proof of your trolling. I find it hard to believe a self-proclaimed DIYer like you would even think of taking your car into an AC shop for a simple recharge, considering it can be so easily done today with over- the- counter kits. Does your car even have a working AC?
Laurie, like most women, likely takes her BMW in to a "qualified guy" for even the most basic of needs, like light bulb replacement. The automotive servicing industry relies on customers like this. They are their bread & butter.
----- Kill ratio of Palestinian children to Israeli children 5.7-to-1, Israel's favor. Kill ratio of all Palestinians to Israelis: over 3-to-1. --------- http://www.lrb.co.uk/v28/n06/print/mear01_.html ---------- "Don't worry about American pressure on Israel. We, the Jewish people, control America, and the Americans know it." ---Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon, 2001
--
Cliff

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Once again you jump to an incorrect conclusion, and you're dead wrong about me trolling. You see, I have gauges and I know what to do with them. I do not just dump a can of freon in when the AC doesn't blow cold anymore.

Nice. So in addition to being a religious bigot, you are also sexist.
--
-Fred W

Fred W wrote:

You get more laughable with every post. So, lessee, me pointing out the fact of Zionist control of our country translates to me being a "religious bigot." Nice logic; but not really more than I could expect considering the other posts from you.
Get off the kneepads and save the PC babble. If all you care about is vrooming around like a 10- year-old in you old e28, while your country gets taken over by Zionist cancer, that's fine with me. You'll get the country you deserve. But don't come whining to me when your dumb ass finally gets it.
As far as Laurie's silly comment, it is quite consistent with most women car owners. But of course I'm speaking from a factual standpoint, you prefer the lala land you see on TV, which is about 98% bullshit, like you.
--
THE ISRAEL LOBBY: Does it have too much influence on US foreign policy?

The London Review will be hosting a debate on 28 September in the Great
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Too bad she is a he.
--
-Fred W

Fred W wrote:

So she/he says anyway...never heard of any guy named Laurence called Laurie for short, only Larry. Maybe he wears pink panties, who knows. Anyhow, doesn't change the fact that most women car owners are nearly helpless when it comes to car know-how. Your dumb ass probably believes that 110-lb. women really can knock 200-lb. men across rooms, like your TV tells you.......
--
THE ISRAEL LOBBY: Does it have too much influence on US foreign policy?

The London Review will be hosting a debate on 28 September in the Great
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

I guess you didn't notice the guy was posting from the UK then, huh? There are other cultures in the world besides where-ever it is you live.

What does one thing have to do with the other? Do you have to be a big tough guy to have the know-how to work on cars now?
You are really outdoing yourself now, Cliffy.
--
-Fred W

Fred W wrote:

Yeah I did. But it's funny that Sir Laurence Olivier (British) had Larry as his nickname, and he refused to converse with people who would not address him as Larry.
Try again.

Quaint.
--
THE ISRAEL LOBBY: Does it have too much influence on US foreign policy?

The London Review will be hosting a debate on 28 September in the Great
On 4 Sep 2006 05:45:17 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Why is that funny? The only people who have ever called me Lawrence were my parents, which was sort of necessary since my dad was called Larry. I don't respond to the name Lawrence -- I'm just not used to doing so. I always assume it's directed at someone else.
-- Larry
I must point out that I am not a woman, Laurie is short for Laurence. Since my occupation before retirement was design & evaluation of systems for the Harrier, I would stress that a little knowledge is a dangerous thing.
Fine if you have the appropriate equipment and the know-how to use it.