E46 bike holder

I wonder if anybody can advise me on solutions available for transporting two bikes? I have a 3 series Coupe (330Ci E46).
Many thanks
Ian

You can buy a 1-1/4" hitch kit that mounts via bolts through the spare tire well wall and then mount a bike carrier. I did that on an E46 330i.
- Geo

Geo, thanks for the info. Is this a BMW kit?

I have got the BMW roof bars and the BMW bike racks to go on top for my 330ci. They fit easily, are quite cheap on EBay. The Mini bike racks fit the bars too, they seem to fetch a lower price (in the UK) but do have Mini written on them!
Had a look on EBAY, looks interesting. Are the bikes stable when they are in the rack?

Quick answer ot that is yes. If you are cautious like me, you will tie the wheels to the rack with zip ties/pedal straps/velcro straps etc.