E46 CDV Banishment

OK, so I've been procrastinating for a few years. My son bought me a clutch "Unlock Valve" from Bavarian Autosport (their part number is
UNLOCK2) for my 2004 E46 330i. I put it in today. Wow! All of a sudden, I can shift smoothly without thought or effort. The difference really is pronounced. I should have done this literally years ago, and I can't believe BMW put the stupid thing in to begin with.
Then, I drilled out my old lock valve (aka clutch delay valve, BMW part number 21526755892) and put it in my wife's car. It's actually a bit more complicated than that. It takes a while to get all the stuff out while leaving the important bits of the fitting intact. But with a drill press, a small punch, a pick, brake cleaner, and patience, it was not hard, and took about 15 minutes overall.
My wife is *very* happy with how her E46 325i shifts now. A productive afternoon...
--
JRE

"JRE"

Why bother? Just remove the CDV and reconnect the hoses. At least that's all that was needed on my e39. Is the e46 different?
Pete

The only reason to put a gutted CDV in place of a working one, instead of doing what you say, is for appearance if the car is still under warranty.
Dean Dark wrote:

I put the gutted one back in to keep everything in place. Otherwise, the clutch line would be unsecured where it runs through the bracket. Both cars are well out of warranty but that doesn't mean I should not make the modification look neat and clean.
--
JRE

To each his own, of course. You *could* secure the line some other way. Plus, with the CDV in place, you have two joints where leaks could develop, without it you only have one.