E46 central locking problems

Hi, I have an e46 330 ci, which seems to have developed a problem. Occasionally it seems to just unlock itself at random! 5 or 6 times now i have returned to the car to find it completely unlocked despite being
sure to check it was locked when i left it. Living in London and parking it on the street, this has twice led to kids getting in and stealing everything from inside! It doesn't seem to happen on a very regular basis, so I'm sure BMW won't do anything about it, but just wondering if anyone has had a similar problem....?
slates wrote:

This seems crazy, almost as someone has another key to it!
Let us know what the outcome is, I am sure nobody would want to be in the same situation.
Nick
Pashlipops wrote:

Thanks for the reply Nick. I've got to say the same thing crossed my mind, but the first time it happened was in Liverpool, the next London, so I think it's unlikely!

    How close are you to the car? The parking lot behind by apartment is within range, and I discovered bumping, touching, or otherwise hitting the buttons resulted in me returning to a car with the trunk or doors unlocked. I solved it by taking my keys from my pocket when I get inside.     epbrown -- "Everybody wants a normal life and a cool car; most people will settle for the car." Chris Titus 2003 BMW 325i Black/Black, 2003 BMW Z4 Black/Black