E46 Convertible rear window

FYI
The 323 ci convertible, 2000 comes with a heated glass rear window and is impossible to replace. One has to replace the entire soft top.
I discovered this after my window was smashed by a golf ball (my most
expensive round of golf ever). The whole experience cost $1700 , but luckily my insurance covered me for the replacement with a albeit with a $500 deductible. I am looking into having that lowered.
Still, can't beat having a convertible in San Diego, so wouldn't have it any other way. Of course next time I play at Torrey Pines I'll be sure to park well away from the 18th hole.