E46 coupe door mirror fix

Hi there

Some scumbag knocked my door mirror off my car when parked up on the street, breaking the aluminium casting which holds the rotating part to the door.

Apart from buying hideous aftermarket mirrors, the only fix I can see is to buy a new mirror assembly - #1 in

Does anybody know of any way this casting can be replaced, if anyone makes one etc.? Repair of the old casting is probably a no-no as it is so thin and the distortion caused by welding will probably result in poor fitting.

Any ideas?

Thanks

PP

Reply to
Pashlipops

Glue it? It's not a stressed component so a decent epoxy should be ok.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)