E46 Coupe problem

I have a 2004 E46 330 ci. When pulling away in first gear, the car "Kangaroos" right through the rev range until second gear is selected. This is an intermittent fault,worse in wet weather, which my local dealer
is having difficulty rectifying as there is no error showing on their diagnostic equipment. Can anyone help. TIA.
"Air Mass Flow Sensor" apparently.
That's what it was on my E46 coupe, though that certainly DID register an error code.