E46 Fault codes/on-board diagnostics

Hi,

I read somewhere that, on the E36, you can get the service indicator to flash fault codes by pumping the accelerator pedal five times while switched off.

Does this work, or is there a similar system for the E46 (318CI 2000 UK).

Darren

Reply to
Darren

No. That was pre-OBD-II era cars.. starting in 1995/96 this ability was removed since the codes are much more extensive.

Reply to
admin

95 E36 was definitely OBD1, I think 96 may have been the first year for OBD2.
Reply to
Fred W