E46 front end

Is it a big job to make a post 2003 E46 look the same as the original? Detailed changes were made with ugly oriental style lights and kidney grille replacing the elegant look.
David
David Haggas wrote:

The least expensive way would be to sell yours and buy a pre '03. There are many fine examples of low mileage '01 and '02 E46's available and you will probably come out square (if you go through dealers) or even slightly ahead (if you sell your car yourself).
-Fred W

Then again, if money is not really an issue, trade up to a current M3, which of course has retained the original front end appearance.
Though to be honest, I'm quite happy with my '04 330Ci. It took me a little while to get used to the difference, but now I prefer the newer look. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
Kevin

They obviously think the M3 looks better retaining the old look. I wonder if, as the model runs out there will be any special edition cars with the original kidney etc. The new look doesn't grow on me unforunately, but I would like a 6 speed box - only available post 03.
David