E46 M3 in Carbon Black/Cinnamon

Hey all,

Well, I have been patiently searching for an 04-05 M3 in Carbon Black/ Cinnamon now for 5 months, with no luck. I'm looking for a fully loaded model (PP, CWP, Nav, HK, Xenons, 19's, etc); either SMG or

6MT. Anyone here have or know of one, please let me know. I know what I want, but I guess that's not a good thing if you can't find it? :)

Thanks chad

Reply to
ring

I'd spend more time working out if you want the MT or SMG.

Reply to
adder1969

I'd spend more time working out if you want the MT or SMG.

Reply to
adder1969

And even more importantly, do you want it in the US, Europe or Asia...

Reply to
Fred W

I've driven both several times. I like aspects of both. I had been leaning toward 6MT, but I'd take SMG if I can find it on a 'cherry' M3 in color/options I want.

chad

Reply to
ring

US model...

chad

Reply to
ring

US model...

chad

Reply to
ring

Not the most common color combination, plus full-zoot options. Lotsa luck. Try Roundel and Roadfly. You might want to settle for a different color combination. BMW Nav is mediocre, I'd avoid it.

Other option is a new 335i coupe. Very close in performance and better ride quality. Then you can custom order the exact car you want.

R / John

Reply to
John Carrier

Talking about color combinations, I am completely astounded by the number of new BMW buyers that choose gray leather interiors.

Gawd! They look like complete shit after 50k miles or less. Don't people do *any* research before they plunk down their money?

I would never buy a BMW with that light gray interior.

Reply to
Fred W

Well, he said cinammon ... pretty nice looking. I've got Sand, but it's surface dyed vice vat dyed and shows its age early.

I'd guess that 80% of all US bimmers are silver, white or black. Most popular interior color black.

R / John

Reply to
John Carrier

Agreed. It doesn't last and I think the rest of the interior accents that are gray look cheap. The cinnamon adds a nice two-tone look that really spruces up the interior (which they offered two tone seat leather like the last gen M5's).

chad

Reply to
ring

Agreed, except there is no BMW interior color cinnamon. It's called "Natur" I think, and I happen to like it.

Sand leather and Black leather seem to fold up much better than the Gray.

If you look at the used cars available on line there is a predominance of nasty gray interiors.

Silver over black is the classic german car color scheme. I'd take that any day.

Reply to
Fred W

Thst's your opinion, fine -- so don't buy one. What's the point of knocking other people who do? De gustibus non disputandum est.

Sip some Mortlach and it'll all go away.

My wife is still extremely happy with her '02 325i, dark metallic grey with the grey leather interior, sports seats. etc. It's had only one leather treatment since we picked it up in Munich, and still looks like new.

-- Larry

Reply to
pltrgyst

US models have four color options; black, gray, Imola Red, and Cinnamon. There is no 'natural' per se.

I like sand leather on some cars. Lexus has a metallic blue with sand leather that is gorgeous.

True, and as soon as the German's or you fork over the $40,000 I'll take that combo. If it's my $40k, it'll be exactly what I want.

chad

Reply to
ring

There were at least a couple years where cinnamon was an M3 interior color. Nice deep tan shade.

R / john

Reply to
John Carrier

Wrong again Fred - E46/M3 has a color called cinnamon and it's nothing at all like "Natur" - it is almost red (like cinnamon)

Boring..

Reply to
admin

The knock is, the seats look like crap after only a couple of years. They show every bit of dirt and look shoddy. If the buyer looked at what 3-4 year old BMWs with the gray leather seats look like and compared them to the other interior colors, they wouldn't buy the gray.

Reply to
Fred W

OK, I'm not really up on the later models. Mea culpa. I'll have to look it up.

Oh, and I like boring in my interiors and seats (not in engines or chassis). That's why I like BMWs over Asian cars. ;-)

Reply to
Fred W