E46 M3 in Carbon Black/Cinnamon

Page 1 of 3
Hey all,
Well, I have been patiently searching for an 04-05 M3 in Carbon Black/ Cinnamon now for 5 months, with no luck. I'm looking for a fully loaded model (PP, CWP, Nav, HK, Xenons, 19's, etc); either SMG or
6MT. Anyone here have or know of one, please let me know. I know what I want, but I guess that's not a good thing if you can't find it? :)
Thanks chad

I'd spend more time working out if you want the MT or SMG.
adder1969 wrote:

And even more importantly, do you want it in the US, Europe or Asia...
--
-Fred W

US model...
chad

US model...
chad
Friend. I feel your pain... I have been looking for the same thing(but for a longer time) but in JETBLACK. you and i want the same thing but no luck. I have been down south and up north.I want a MANUAL though.. have you been to any of the websites for M3? they have a lot of good stuff in there. good luck http://www.e46fanatics.com / http://bimmer.roadfly.com/bmw/forums/e46m3 / http://m3.madrussian.net/index.html

I'd spend more time working out if you want the MT or SMG.

I've driven both several times. I like aspects of both. I had been leaning toward 6MT, but I'd take SMG if I can find it on a 'cherry' M3 in color/options I want.
chad
Not the most common color combination, plus full-zoot options. Lotsa luck. Try Roundel and Roadfly. You might want to settle for a different color combination. BMW Nav is mediocre, I'd avoid it.
Other option is a new 335i coupe. Very close in performance and better ride quality. Then you can custom order the exact car you want.
R / John

John Carrier wrote:

Talking about color combinations, I am completely astounded by the number of new BMW buyers that choose gray leather interiors.
Gawd! They look like complete shit after 50k miles or less. Don't people do *any* research before they plunk down their money?
I would never buy a BMW with that light gray interior.
--
-Fred W

Well, he said cinammon ... pretty nice looking. I've got Sand, but it's surface dyed vice vat dyed and shows its age early.
I'd guess that 80% of all US bimmers are silver, white or black. Most popular interior color black.
R / John
John Carrier wrote:

Agreed, except there is no BMW interior color cinnamon. It's called "Natur" I think, and I happen to like it.
Sand leather and Black leather seem to fold up much better than the Gray.
If you look at the used cars available on line there is a predominance of nasty gray interiors.
Silver over black is the classic german car color scheme. I'd take that any day.
--
-Fred W

US models have four color options; black, gray, Imola Red, and Cinnamon. There is no 'natural' per se.

I like sand leather on some cars. Lexus has a metallic blue with sand leather that is gorgeous.

True, and as soon as the German's or you fork over the $40,000 I'll take that combo. If it's my $40k, it'll be exactly what I want.
chad

There were at least a couple years where cinnamon was an M3 interior color. Nice deep tan shade.
R / john
Fred W wrote:

Wrong again Fred - E46/M3 has a color called cinnamon and it's nothing at all like "Natur" - it is almost red (like cinnamon)

Boring..
admin wrote:

OK, I'm not really up on the later models. Mea culpa. I'll have to look it up.
Oh, and I like boring in my interiors and seats (not in engines or chassis). That's why I like BMWs over Asian cars. ;-)
--
-Fred W

There's a Black on Cinnamon '05 M3 on eBay with lots of pics. Item #220114931984. It's a lovely combo.
- greg
SLGreg wrote:

Yes! That is the color I thought they were calling Natur. I guess Natur was a bit more brown, less orangy. You are right./ That is a hot looking car. But, maybe I'm just getting too old, but those 19" wheels seem a bit too large. The tires are like rubber bands. I'd be afraid to drive that down the street for fear of bending the crap out of them.
Still, they do look nice.
--
-Fred W

You need to move to where somebody takes care of the roads.
The ONLY time I've hit a hole in the road that caused any sort of damage at all was in a construction zone where they neglected to put a plate over a 3 ~ 6 inch ditch that was cut across the road. Had I not been exceeding the speed limit by a significant margin, I would have seen the fast-approaching ditch, and could have made any number of adjustments to preclude the direct hit.
Having said that, I think that 19s on a 3 Series is a bit much too. I like them with 18s, and mine has 17s.
Jeff Strickland wrote:

Actually, I do *live* where they take care of the roads. New Hampshire roads are surprisingly well maintained considering the harsh winter weather. But my home state is small and I often have to venture south of the border into Massachusetts. With all the taxes they collect they prefer to patch the potholes rather than repair the roads. Some of the worst road surfaces in the world.
--
-Fred W