E46 M3 in Carbon Black/Cinnamon

There's a Black on Cinnamon '05 M3 on eBay with lots of pics. Item #220114931984. It's a lovely combo.

- greg

Reply to
SLGreg

I repeat: ours look like they did when we picked the car up. No dirt; no stains; no fading; no evident wear. Grey, sports pkg seats, 12-way adjustment, etc.

It's not the leather's fault if other people don't give it normal, minimal care.

-- Larry

Reply to
pltrgyst

Another poster gave us this, but he posted pretty far down the list of respondants.

Go to eBay and check Item Number 220114931984.

(Crap! I closed my browser. The car is almost exactly what you are looking for, and has 17,000 miles.)

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

Yes! That is the color I thought they were calling Natur. I guess Natur was a bit more brown, less orangy. You are right./ That is a hot looking car. But, maybe I'm just getting too old, but those 19" wheels seem a bit too large. The tires are like rubber bands. I'd be afraid to drive that down the street for fear of bending the crap out of them.

Still, they do look nice.

Reply to
Fred W

Perhaps you are right, Larry. It's just that every used BMW I have ever looked with the light gray seats, they show the dirt and staining from use. Black, never see it. Tan for some reason is less prevalent.

Reply to
Fred W

You need to move to where somebody takes care of the roads.

The ONLY time I've hit a hole in the road that caused any sort of damage at all was in a construction zone where they neglected to put a plate over a 3 ~ 6 inch ditch that was cut across the road. Had I not been exceeding the speed limit by a significant margin, I would have seen the fast-approaching ditch, and could have made any number of adjustments to preclude the direct hit.

Having said that, I think that 19s on a 3 Series is a bit much too. I like them with 18s, and mine has 17s.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

Reply to
Gig

Reply to
Gig

I love a light interior. but you are right. they get too dirty too quicky I am looking for the same thing... but in jet black but in manual.. the BMW nav does stink, but i wanted to keep the integrity of the car. and besides in NY the installers aint that swift(not like they are on the west coast).... yes there are betternav systems around.. i dont trust anyone to put it in. but first things first.. first car ..

Reply to
Gig

I have a black on black E36, and I'll avoid ever buying a black car again. It looks great when it rolls out of the wash rack, but it is a Royal Bitch to keep clean. I had a white on black E36 before I had this car, and the white was much easier to keep clean -- or, at least ignore when it was dirty.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

In my younger years, I rarely saw any leather except tan, and it was often full of crack, and in horrible shape overall. I'm with you guys in thinking that black or tan leather generally looks better with most exterior colors.

But we went with the grey for two reasons: 1), hoping it would be a bit coller than the black would be here in VA, and 2) because all the '02 interiors had the same two-tone grey upper dash and upper door trim, and we thought the grey looked best with those unavoidable greys. And we're still pretty pleased with the overall look.

Personally, I think the black exterior with dark tan interior would be the best looking of all, but only if *all* the interior elements are color coordinated.

-- Larry

Reply to
pltrgyst

ummm, "cracks"...

and "cooler".

Bad fingers; no donuts.

-- Larry

Reply to
pltrgyst

Nice car, but no Nav, or CWP..

chad

Reply to
ring

I know of a JB/Cinn 04 with 6MT; no nav tho. Around 35k miles.

chad

Reply to
ring

Actually, I do *live* where they take care of the roads. New Hampshire roads are surprisingly well maintained considering the harsh winter weather. But my home state is small and I often have to venture south of the border into Massachusetts. With all the taxes they collect they prefer to patch the potholes rather than repair the roads. Some of the worst road surfaces in the world.

Reply to
Fred W

Thank Ted for that ...

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

You can't always get what you want, but sometimes you just might find that you get what you need.

Having had a Garmin GPS, I found that a nav system built into a car is not nearly as useful as a nav system that I can put in my suitcase when I travel. I can easily find my way around everywhere I am likely to drive from my house, it's the places I drive that I need to fly first to get to that make a nav system something I might want. If I found 8 of 10 things I wanted in a car, the missing nav system would not make me walk away. If the nav system was there, I'd take it, but I don't think I'd actually use it. Your mileage may vary.

What's CWP?

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

Cold weather Package.

Reply to
cabochad

Another option I don't need here in California ...

One can easily find a nav system that surpasses the features and functions of the unit the manufacturer installs, but if the CWP is a requirement, then that has to come with the car, or be set aside in favor of the remaining features and functions of the used car(s) that one can actually find.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

Besides, who would drive an M3 in the snow?

Reply to
Fred W