E46 M3 in Carbon Black/Cinnamon

Page 2 of 3

Thank Ted for that ...
ERAAA Joanie... pass the Chivas.... eraa... On Fri, 25 May 2007 14:53:53 GMT, "Jeff Strickland"

On Fri, 25 May 2007 14:53:53 GMT, "Jeff Strickland"

What's he got to do with it?
-- Larry
pltrgyst wrote:

Good question. Last time I checked the US Senate doesn't have much to do with the condition of roads in any state.
Also, the roads in Mass were crap back when Ted was still a young pup driving girls off bridges.
--
-Fred W

Fred W wrote:

You should try Norwegian roads. They are awful. Even the potholes have potholes on the road I use to and from work - and it's not even a backroad of some sort. The ruts are so deep they are worn through the 2 topmost layers of tarmac. I shit you not.
And they say we are among the richest countries in the world? I'd like to see more of that money used on infrastructure.
--
Lighthouses are more helpful than churches. -- Benjamin Franklin

Hi
Where in Norge are you? Roads in the South are pretty good these days or rather they were 5 years ago. Few "Motorways" in the south radiating from Oslo down to SKI (my family's home town) and the border with Sweden and the rest of Euroland.
The road from Lillihamer to Trondheim is crap as is the road from Kongsberg up to Numadal, and on to Geilo. The road from Trondheim via Lom to Geiranger is also crap and only open for 4 months.
Yes I agree and I bet there are not many BMW 7 series Sport models there.
snipped-for-privacy@nowhere.com wrote:
[snip about roads in Norway]

I live just outside Oslo, and the "motorways" are in quite good condition, but also they have ruts, but the connecting roads are crap. Twisty, rollercoasting roads which are excellent for inspired driving.
Just a shame about the tarmac being in the condition it is. Cracks, potholes, ruts, frost induced bulges (not sure of the english word).

Yeah, I remember they were better then than now, but still crap.

Yeah, those roads have gotten better, but they are the connection between Sweden and the rest of Europe. Can't shame ourselves with have bad roads there, eh?
As for the rest of the roads: Let's build a tunnel costing NOK 1 billion, or a bridge or for that matter, for 50-60 inhabitants on a remote island on the westcoast of Norway and forget about the 3-4 million people living in the southeast of Norway.

Exactly.
I don't think I've seen one.
--
Lighthouses are more helpful than churches. -- Benjamin Franklin

was that in NY by any chance? I love that excuse that the road people use snow, cold weather, screws up the roads... I have ben to places where the weather is just as cold and with just as much snow, and the roads are like florida,or for that matter any other state where yes you are right -they take care of the roads. On Thu, 24 May 2007 21:09:41 GMT, "Jeff Strickland"

Nice car, but no Nav, or CWP..
chad

You can't always get what you want, but sometimes you just might find that you get what you need.
Having had a Garmin GPS, I found that a nav system built into a car is not nearly as useful as a nav system that I can put in my suitcase when I travel. I can easily find my way around everywhere I am likely to drive from my house, it's the places I drive that I need to fly first to get to that make a nav system something I might want. If I found 8 of 10 things I wanted in a car, the missing nav system would not make me walk away. If the nav system was there, I'd take it, but I don't think I'd actually use it. Your mileage may vary.
What's CWP?

Cold weather Package.

Another option I don't need here in California ...
One can easily find a nav system that surpasses the features and functions of the unit the manufacturer installs, but if the CWP is a requirement, then that has to come with the car, or be set aside in favor of the remaining features and functions of the used car(s) that one can actually find.
Jeff Strickland wrote:

Besides, who would drive an M3 in the snow?
--
-Fred W

A November day in Indiana in the morning can be pretty cool. Leather will be nice and cold from the overnight. I want my ass warmed. :) Also, the ski bag pass thru is important to me for hauling issues...
chad

Agreed. It doesn't last and I think the rest of the interior accents that are gray look cheap. The cinnamon adds a nice two-tone look that really spruces up the interior (which they offered two tone seat leather like the last gen M5's).
chad

Thst's your opinion, fine -- so don't buy one. What's the point of knocking other people who do? De gustibus non disputandum est.
Sip some Mortlach and it'll all go away.
My wife is still extremely happy with her '02 325i, dark metallic grey with the grey leather interior, sports seats. etc. It's had only one leather treatment since we picked it up in Munich, and still looks like new.
-- Larry
pltrgyst wrote:

The knock is, the seats look like crap after only a couple of years. They show every bit of dirt and look shoddy. If the buyer looked at what 3-4 year old BMWs with the gray leather seats look like and compared them to the other interior colors, they wouldn't buy the gray.
--
-Fred W

I repeat: ours look like they did when we picked the car up. No dirt; no stains; no fading; no evident wear. Grey, sports pkg seats, 12-way adjustment, etc.
It's not the leather's fault if other people don't give it normal, minimal care.
-- Larry
pltrgyst wrote:

Perhaps you are right, Larry. It's just that every used BMW I have ever looked with the light gray seats, they show the dirt and staining from use. Black, never see it. Tan for some reason is less prevalent.
--
-Fred W

In my younger years, I rarely saw any leather except tan, and it was often full of crack, and in horrible shape overall. I'm with you guys in thinking that black or tan leather generally looks better with most exterior colors.
But we went with the grey for two reasons: 1), hoping it would be a bit coller than the black would be here in VA, and 2) because all the '02 interiors had the same two-tone grey upper dash and upper door trim, and we thought the grey looked best with those unavoidable greys. And we're still pretty pleased with the overall look.
Personally, I think the black exterior with dark tan interior would be the best looking of all, but only if *all* the interior elements are color coordinated.
-- Larry