E46 M3 odd sound

Hi. I've noticed a rather odd sound coming from the rear of my car, a 2001 M3 Coupe. It sort of sounds like "whooooph-whooooph". It's a low frequency
sound and is usually heard while making low-speed left turns. Has anyone heard this as well?
sgfan3 wrote:

It's the diff and is "normal" behaviour. BMW can sell you some "enhanced" oil to try to resolve the problem.
Thanks!

waffled on about something:

Hard to go on a text version of a sound, but could it be a wheel bearing?
Dodgy.
--
MUSHROOMS ARE THE OPIATE OF THE MOOSES

On an e36 I had a sound that I woud describe the same way, turned out to be one of the rims was slightly out of round, so when turning it enhanced the pressure on the "oblong" wheel and made the defect more noticable.
It's your checkbook!

Bmrdude wrote:

No - that's a GIANT sucking sound..
so true!!! :)

My gut instinct is that you have a wheel bearing going out.

Jeff Strickland wrote:

I'd put money on it being the diff. Skip over to www.m3forum.net