e46 manuals

Page 2 of 2
pltrgyst wrote:

Looks more like a bad speller to me. I'm betting he meant to say facetious.
--
-Fred W

You think so? Duh.
Yeah, I know -- sarcasm is tough on the Web. But you might note the tag on my signature -- "(accidents happen...)"
-- Larry
pltrgyst wrote:

Well it could have been a new word, but then what the hell would it mean?
--
-Fred W

A fictitious fact? A fact which sounds fictitious (implausible)?
-- Larry

Facetious - I do know how to spell it but the Agent checker auto changed it for some reason - did it twice and not I have ADDED it to the dictionary.

Apparently, it means non-natural or artificial.
http://dictionary.reference.com/wordoftheday/archive/2000/04/06.html
Tom K.
Tom K. wrote:

Son of a gun... it is a word:
http://www.askoxford.com/concise_oed/factitious?view=uk
--
-Fred W

It's in the AHD as well.
-- Larry

Of course, all three of those quotes look like typos -- "fictitious" makes sense in each of them.
Time for Safire's Irregulars to swing into action...
-- Larry

Sorry about that - bloody spell checker - never noticed that ---------- and with an Hon's Degree??? Doh!
On Mon, 23 Apr 2007 23:45:54 +1000, admin wrote

I don't think I actually asked anyone to give me anything for free but merely asked if something was available. Thanks for the morality lecture anyway :)
============================================================= Posted with Hogwasher. Mac first, Mac only: http://www.asar.com/cgi-bin/product.pl?58/hogwasher.html =============================================================
Paul Talbert wrote:

You're welcome actually. It seems very few people seem to think of stealing intellectual property as being "theft" or immoral. It's both.
You later said:

The assumption I made is "downloadable" implies - free. If I'm wrong, and you're willing to spend the $99 or so for the Bentley download, I apologize - but most people here want free, even if it is illegal (as are the CD's Oscar is selling.)
I just checked Bentley's site - they offer a "web subscription" on a daily, monthly and yearly basis.. see www.bentleypublishers.com for details. Looks like they went to the same scheme BMW did since I see no PDF downloadable versions are available now. Where they used to offer a CD version - that's also no longer an option (obviously due to the actions of people like Oscar.)
Sorry if you wanted to know how to pay for one - I'd suggest visiting the Robert Bentley website and see - you can pay and subscribe to their web-service and use it all in one visit.