E46 Schematics?

Is there someplace I can download electrical diagrams for a 2000 BMW 323Ci? If not, what is the most cost effective way to get the electrical diagrams? I don't want to spend a fortune on a shop manual.
I'm trying to figure out why my license plate bulbs are permanently on (except when the trunk is opened).
snipped-for-privacy@charter.net wrote:

I don't know any place but the Bentley Manual - it's worth the cost.
My guess is that you have one or more broken wires in the wiring loom where it folds around the trunk hinge. Apparently this is not an uncommon problem, though I've been lucky so far with my 97 328.
Frank

Search ebay for BMW WDS.
Kyle. 98 740iL 01 525i

I agree with Frank about the Bentley book and the broken wire. What I would do is loosen the wiring harness around the trunk hinge and start to wiggle it to see if you can make the light go off and on. Perhaps try it while inside the trunk with the lid closed, or almost closed. Of course is easier if you have someone to help you.
Hector