E46 Speaker Upgrade

Hi there,
I have a 2002 3 series that doesn't have the Harmon-Kardon upgrade. I am disappointed with the stereo system and am looking to upgrade it as
tidily as possible. I am just wondering if anybody has some good tips? I believe that changing the speakers will help quite a lot. I am not really looking at changing the head unit - as it will take the look away from the dash?
Can anybody out there - recommend some good speakers to fit? Or any other tips that might be helpful?
Thanks, Keith.

http://www.bavariansoundwerks.com /
Pete
Pete wrote:

Interesting link, but what they sell looks like crap to me. Stamped-steel frames? Junk. Subwoofers in the trunk? Sound like shit.
On the other hand, here's a quality woofer upgrade. Note how the sound is not coming through your rear seats.
http://mobile.jlaudio.com/products_stealthbox_detail.php?fit_id 41