E46 vibration - in gear and at a complete stop

My 02 330, automatic, vibrates when in gear and stopped. If I put it in neutral the vibration goes away. If I start driving the vibration goes away. Here are some possible problems that others have suggested.

loose engine mount(s) loose transmission mount(s) torque converter

Any ideas?

Thanks. Tom

Reply to
Tom

I'd add slight engine misfire under load. Have you had the codes read?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I don't think it's the engine, the thing runs great. Based upon comments from friends, I'm leaning toward cracked or deteriorated rubber on the engine mounts. Might be time for a trip to the shop.

How big a deal is it to replace engine mounts?

Reply to
Tom

That's what I'd go with.

Reply to
adder1969

Can still misfire at low revs, though.

I'd say that unlikely on such a new car. They normally last for many years.

Fairly straightforward with the correct tools and knowledge.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

98,000 miles....4.5 years old, but lots of miles.
Reply to
Tom