E46 vibration - in gear and at a complete stop

My 02 330, automatic, vibrates when in gear and stopped. If I put it in neutral the vibration goes away. If I start driving the vibration goes away. Here are some possible problems that others have suggested.
loose engine mount(s) loose transmission mount(s) torque converter
Any ideas?
Thanks. Tom

I'd add slight engine misfire under load. Have you had the codes read?
--
*When the going gets tough, use duct tape

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

I don't think it's the engine, the thing runs great. Based upon comments from friends, I'm leaning toward cracked or deteriorated rubber on the engine mounts. Might be time for a trip to the shop.
How big a deal is it to replace engine mounts?

Can still misfire at low revs, though.

I'd say that unlikely on such a new car. They normally last for many years.

Fairly straightforward with the correct tools and knowledge.
--
*Friends help you move. Real friends help you move bodies.

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

98,000 miles....4.5 years old, but lots of miles.
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

That's what I'd go with.