E46 Warning Light for Bulbs

Hi all,
I think there was a similar post a week or 2. Every now and again I am getting a bulb gone warning at the back. There seems to be no problems
- would some WD40 on the bulb end and contacts be a good idea?
Thanks, Keith.

No - it leaves an insulating residue. Proper contact cleaner/lubricator is a better bet. Or simply use a pencil eraser on them. We call it a rubber in the UK but I hope you know what I mean. ;-)
--
*It was all so different before everything changed.

This is probably the CRAP zinc coated sheet steel contacts BMW or rather Valeo? use for cheapness.
The bulb holder actually sparks and burns a hole right through these crap steel strips. I have done this on several rear lamp units.
Remove lamp Remove bulbs Clean the damaged area with a dremmel type drill or a small file or anything that will do the job get a heavy duty soldering oron - I use a Weller 200watt gun type but anything that will sustain a decent heat of 300+C Solder the hole up and make good by flatting the contact area so the bulb holder will still clip into place.
Boom Boom - one effective repair.
Note sometimes I had to us a thin strip of thin brass to repair the hole and another time I used a thin pirse of steel cut from a computer back panel blanking strip.