E61 m-sport - ride quality / comparisons

I have owned a couple of Audis, and I used to sell them. Audi (and VW) do not deserve the reputation that they have. I have my own reasons for this opinion which I am not going to air.

In my experience of BMWs with Self-Supporting tyres, or so-called 'run-flats', ( 4 to date owned, more driven), the combination of 18" wheels with M Sport suspension is a big no-no if any sort of ride comfort is required. That is why we stuck with 17" on our 335d SE, as well as now the tyre pressures have been raised to 2.5 bar front and 3.0 bar rear with just two people on board.

best wishes

David

p.s. The motoring press are sheep, do not base your decisions on their verdicts. Try for yourself. HTH.

David Skelton

sorry for that, because I would really like to know some of them ... I prefer bmw 'on the feeling' but i havnt driven lots of and i would like to know others opinion...

regards.

Reply to
Jean-Yves

Everything I stated is indisputable fact.

My point was about how load capacity is affected directly by the cross-sectional area and the pressure, and how this should be kept in mind when juggling wheel/tire sizes and widths.

Reply to
dizzy

"David Skelton" wrote

Interesting. I guess our experiences have been different. Having owned both Audi (A4 1.8TQ) and BMW (530i), I would say that it is BMW that does not deserve the reputation it has.

Pete

Reply to
Pete

In article , snipped-for-privacy@nodomain.com says...>

Ummm... the way I read the responses, the first is saying that Audi has a bad rep it doesn't deserve...are you saying BMW does too? The original subject was comparisons between A6 and 5 (e61)

What are you saying?

Reply to
Jeremy

"Jeremy" wrote

I guess I am saying that each of us had different experiences, so the only way for you to come to your own conclusion will be if you own or extensively drive both and pick the winner for yourself. Base on my personal experiences, I would be more likely to purchase another Audi, not another BMW. YMMV

Pete

Reply to
Pete