E65 DSC failure

Hi,
As I moved off tonight, got a shuddering noise like I had driven over some rough stones, followed by "DSC failure, please drive moderately" warning.
Any ideas??
2004 745i 70K
Cheers,
Paul
paul mcmillen wrote:

I believe DSC is Dynamic Stability Control.
Were you driving on ice or snow? I had a (non bmw) loaner with DSC once and the manual recommended turning off the DSC when getting started in ice or snow.
This just happened to me on ice/snow about two weeks ago. I turned off the car for 1 day and now the message is gone. I was scared too. :) I hope yours goes away too.
- Batke

Cheers for the reply, actually I got it all wrong, the failure I got was ' Drive System Control failure - please drive moderately'. I could drive the car ok and the next morning the fault had gone. Apparently this is an indication of low power steering fluid although when I checked, everything looked ok. Hasn't come up again since!
Many thanx
Paul (Belfast)