e65 oil fill

Hi,
Anyone know where the gearbox oil filler plug is on '04 745i. Is it the one directly above the sump pan joint on the drivers side (RHS, UK) or is there
one further up?
TIA
Paul

Paul
Why do you want to fill the auto box up at this point in the car's life? Anything wrong with it? Should be sealed for life *?* or rather seem a bit premature to be doing this unless thee is a leak!
--

Sir Hugh of Bognor

It's a good idea to change the fluid every 60k, regardless of what BMW say.

In the 635CSi I think it took 3 litres for a fluid change, but 3 would be kept in the torque convertor. So you were only changing about half.
It had a proper filler pipe too, ah the good old days......

Of course in the days of filler tubes the ATF was neither lifetime or very expensive.
I'd love to see an analysis of 'lifetime' ATF after 100,000 miles. But ZF will have already done this many many times, I'd guess.
--
*Great groups from little icons grow *

That's why it's important to do it on schedule... you aren't able to change it all out completely, you're only replacing half of it at best. So by changing it on schedule on a regular basis you're making sure that none of the fluid in there is TOO old. --scott