E83 Squeaking driver's seat

My leather driver's seat has started squeaking when going around corners (i.e. when I shift weight slightly to the left).
It sounds like it is coming form the left side, very near to the seat
adjustment controls. For lack of a better description, it is like a faint bedspring-type noise.
It occasionally did this before, but I guess I never really noticed. Could this be due to the leather contacting something?