E90 (2006 330xi) alloy wheel fitment

Does anyone know the offset of the standard 17x8.0 "Star Spoke" (Style 159) wheels that come with the E90?

Tire rack shows equivalent size alloy wheels for the vehicle, with an offset of +34mm.

I ordered a set of $119 alloy wheels for the winter tires, they are 17x8.5 (a half inch wider), and they are +40mm offset. I will be putting on same size winter tires as what the car is spec'd with (225/45 17" runflats).

It shouldn't be a problem fit-wise, as TireRack claims they do extensive measurements on actual vehicles before matching them with the vehicle and selling them.

They also advise to fit just the wheel to the car BEFORE mounting the tires, in case something doesn't fit (and can more easily return the wheels for exchange/refund).

Anyone with similar experience? I think I'll be okay, just checking.

Reply to
Mike Mayer