E90 Squeaky gearshift

Have an '06 330xi manual tranny, the shifter squeaks under the leather boot, as if the knuckle joints or lever joints are dry (not lubed).
I've asked the BMW dealer to lube them in two different occasions, both
times they said they get under the boot and squirt some lube.
Still, it squeaks. This should not be the case with a Bimmer manual shifter. A Chevy Cavalier, maybe, but not BMW.
Anyone experience same? How to get under the boot? I almost feel like doing it myself. You know, "if you want it done right....."
Thanks,
Mike