ECU for E36

Hi,

I am trying to find an ECU for E36 316i without EWS (immobilizer) Bosh number 0 261 203 276. Does anyone know exactly when BMW introduced EWS on this model? I was told May 1995, ETK says it started in 1995. I have a dealer that has one from January 1995, one from April 1995. Do I need to find one before 1995?

Thanks Jerry

Reply to
Jezza

I believe that they introduced EWS at the same time as they added the third (rear window) brake light to UK cars.

Reply to
John Burns