Electric Windows Won't Work

1998 BMW Z3 windows will not go up or down. Fuse is okay & all other electrical components work. Any ideas?

Bad switch Bad motor (not likely if both don't work) Jammed mechanism (not likely if both don't work) Jim
Doesn't it seem like there's another problem as both driver & passenger switches quit at the same time. One is stuck up & the other is 1/2 way. We just purchased & this was the first short trip. We're a two hr drive from any dealer.

Check the fuse again - replace it anyway, or swap it with an other circuit, check wiring from fuse.
Were you using both windows at once?
Some cars have a trip - look for that.
Most cars have an interlock so that you can only run two at a time out of the windows & sun roof, so a dicky switch on one could prevent the other from working.
Maybe the auto up down is stuck on the driver's side?

Is the safety cut-out OK?
arl4-2 wrote:

Liquid spill? It got me. Costly to replace all the damn switches too. :-(