"ELV blocked"

Not a lot of information out there in the wild I could find? What exactly does this mean? It started happening on my E60. Dealer said I needed to replace the battery due to low current ---- throwing that error. New battery?.. Same issue. Seems to be related to temp dipping below ~30F.

Thanks!

Reply to
alt.autos.bmw

You will need the new upgraded steering column where the relevant parts are made from zink die casting.

The parts in the earlier version are made from plastics, which wear out, deform and finally jam.

nono