Employee pricing for BMW?

I got a mailer from my dealer, which says they are offering employee discount to "selected customers and their family members" for cars on
the lot. Has anyone else heard of a program like this? I dont think this is a factory plan, but just from this dealer. Does anyone know what the discount would be? I am calling the dealer today, I would not mind upgrading to an AWD 5 series, from my 2002 530. thanks.
John
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com says...

Obviously this dealer is trying to compete with the GM/Ford/Chrysler deal going on now.
It's interesting to note that comparing prices on cars before and after this "employee discount" promotion that there isn't a lot of difference in the final price paid.
The "Big Three" have been setting sales records with this promotion and it's not surprising that your dealer wants to jump in on the bandwagon. Notice how the end date of the promotion keeps getting moved? Last time it was the beginning of August. Now it's up to Labor Day. Wanna bet that it will be extended again?

Not in south TX. Especially not for the 3 series. I shopped the Houston, Corpus Christi, San Antonio and Houston markets and the best I could get was $1000 off of sticker. 2nd best was $500 off and mats. Most offered nothing at all.