Engine Replacement

Page 2 of 2

about these shops. Jim

That was a oops on my part, I meant to say all 6 not 4 ;(
-Branden

It sounds to me like this shop is not really interested in doing this job judging from the prices quoted. I see used M52 engines on Ebay for $2000 to $3000 so these guys are apparently marking up the engine cost by about 100%. The swap job should only take an experienced mechanic 8 hours to perform so they seem to be marking up the labor by 100% also. If you have any other options I would seek another quote or if they are your only choice you could buy the engine yourself and have them install it.

Did somebody steal two of your cylinders?
R / John
Yes, Yes they did.
-Branden

Branden Nelsen wrote:

It was me. I now have a straight-8! Cool...
*shakes fist
Bastard! Give me my Cylinders!

Well i got the car back from the shop and on the ticket this is thier diag:
"Vehicle will not crank or turn over by hand. Removed spark plugs and found oil on top of cylinders. Engine is hydrolocked. Requires new engine installed."
-Branden