engine software devellopment

Hi,

Does anyone know, or have some links to, how it's possible to change the software in bmw engines? I mean for devellopment of new software for the engines or changing of existing, or generally changing parameters etc. Does software exist to easilly connect to the engine and change things etc? I'm thinking to experiment with various aspects of engine management, or interfacing with the engine to provide real-time analysis an so on.

Thanks! TS

Reply to
nsa.usa

MarkD