Enigine speed vs fuel economy?

Page 2 of 2
Rob Munach wrote:

It's not greater acceleration that matters but an open throttle, which reduces pumping losses. But it's practically impossible to drive in a way to exploit this effectively. Basically it involves flooring the accelerator but short shifting at about 2000 RPM. Try it!
Matt O.
Matt O'Toole wrote:

cylinders. Flooring it and short shifting is not a problem except maybe in first gear - not that I care to drive like that (I have an IS)
Regards,
--
Rob Munach, PE
Excel Engineering

Nicik Name wrote:

I don't think this is as important as it used to be, but it's still good advice.
Matt O.