Error Code Air Mass Meter

My 1991 525i stopped running the garage gave me a code for the air mass meter, we replaced it and got the same error code. The bavarin garage says the computer is not accepting it or there is something wrong with the
wireing. Any thoughts on this? Thanks Godzilla
You probably have a major air leak and an idiot garage.
Brett Anderson KMS